Pages

Thursday 2 May 2013

A Road To Better Health- The Beginning

There is something wrong with me and has been for over two years now, it is progressively getting worse and is now starting to effect my ability to look after my children... This cannot happen!

I wake up every morning feeling like I have been hit by a bus. Every muscle in my body aches and I feel exhausted. I never go to bed very late and don't get up to early and both of the children sleep though the night. There is no reason why I should wake up feeling like this. The only way I can describe the pain is like when you have flu and all of your muscles, joints and glands ache and hurt. 
If I do any kind of psychical activitiy then the next day I find it hard to even get out of bed and my legs throb all that evening. Even hanging washing on the line hurts and my arms feel like lead weights. I find it hard to carry my youngest around as it's painful to do so.

Two weeks ago I went to the doctor and told him that I have had enough and I have to get this sorted, it can't go on. I'm am only 27 and I shouldn't be feeling like this. 
He said we'd start with doing some blood tests to see what, if anything, shows up. He seemed very good and explain that the bloods probably won't show up anything but it's best to rule stuff out first. I went away feeling quite positive about the whole thing and that he might actually be able to help me. 

A week later I went back and had my blood tests, still feeling positive. Another week after that I went back to the doctors to discuss the results. As he predicted the bloods didn't show anything, apart from I had the lowest cholesterol score he's ever seen (that's something good then). He did mention that my anemia score was on the low side but nothing to worry about, we would just keep monitoring it.  

So nothing new there then, so I asked him what next and he just kind of looked at me almost expecting me to come up with something?! He said well we could try you with two weeks of ibuprofen and see how you are after that! I felt like crying, what the hell was that going to achieve. I actually believed that this new doctor might be able to help me, I was obviously wrong. Ibuprofen might well help with the pain but it doesn't help with extreme tiredness and it's not a long term option. I want to know why I feel like this not just take drugs for the rest if my life!!

I will do what he says though and in two weeks I'll go back and see what he says next. I feel this is going to be a long process and having already felt like this for over two years now I just want an answer! 

No comments:

Post a Comment