Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2013

Possible Fibromyalgia?

I went back to the doctors today for my follow up appointment after 3 weeks of trying the Ibuprofen to see if that made a difference to the pain. It didn't!

When I got there the doctor went through all of my blood test results, again, and informed me again that they were all fine. He then suggested that I go away and just take the Ibuprofen when I was feeling really bad and just use it intermittently. By this point I was starting to get cross. That is not a solution to a long term problem, I want to know what is wrong with me! I have been in pain throughout my entire body for over two years now and I want to know why!! 

I then told the doctor that my mother had been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia a few years ago and was that a heredity disorder and could there be a link at all? He then got all excited (like I had just done his job for him) and started printing me off lots of information about Fibro and gave me a bundle of stuff to go home and read. He told me to read though it all and if I felt that it could be that to come back and discuss it.

So here I am back at home reading through my leaflets, thinking that it sounds just like how I feel. Now I suppose I make yet another appointment and go back and say yes it sounds like this, what now? 
If he mentions Ibuprofen again I think I might scream!

No comments:

Post a Comment